We love the rural backdrop, history and authentic creativity that pulses in our hometown of Vista. And this weekend there’s an event that will beam with creativity and is a must for your to-do list, in our humble opinion – The Alley Art Festival in downtown Vista! AKA the “Big Ass Art Show and Sale” is this weekend, September 5th, 2015 from 11am to 9pm in Downtown Vista. The Alley Art Festival is a one of a kind event, it’s not just an art show and sale, it’s an entire festival featuring interactive art, music, local vendors, film, poetry, food wine and beer. It just might be the perfect way to kick off the holiday weekend?!?
There’s a whole slew of entertainment to be found throughout the day, including:
- Live Theater - Daycation Theater will be doing live performances from 12 – 2pm
- The Alley Man Stage – Live Music, DJ’s, Dance Acts and Fashion Show
- The Alley Cat Stage – Live Music and Comedy
- Parade – Starts at 11am, leads to statue unveiling new Alley Cat sculpture in front of URBN Pizza
- Interactive Art Activities – Origami Graffiti, Mural Painting, Hollywood Makeup Face Off, Button Making and more. All activities are free!
(image courtesy of alleyartfestival.com)
There’s also a few competitions being held, here’s the rundown:
- Recycled Art Show – $5 entry fee, $100 first place prize and title of “Alley Art Creative Recyclist” (All media materials made from collected, recycled or found items)
- Poetry Slam – Original works only. Sign up on Saturday between 12pm-2pm outside the Avo playhouse, first 15 poets to sign up will compete for cash prizes.
- Film Festival – Located at Avo Theater in downtown Vista. Local filmmakers showcased throughout the day.
- Big Ass Art Show – $5 entry fee per piece, max 3 pieces to be entered. Funds support the Vista Art Foundation
It’s $25 for ticket, you can buy them in advance in person. “All are welcome to experience this interactive art and culture event”
This is a great event to support the local community of Vista, whether you’re a creative, or simply love to admire creative works. The Art foundation of Vista hopes to eventually open a main gallery as they continue to educate and support the community through art. We encourage everyone to stop by and for some fun for a good cause!
For more information call (619) 646-3070 or visit www.alleyartfestival.com.